Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Peer Minister. Recognizing that everyone has different gifts and ways to serve we will be honing each group in on a specific area of ministry where each peer minister can develop and grow in their natural skills and gifts of leadership and ministry the Lord has given them.
While each team’s weekly and monthly responsibilities will differ each Peer Minister is expected to be a student leader committed to Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. Peer Ministers are called to support and encourage one another and lead other youth by example into a relationship with Jesus Christ. They accomplish this goal by taking an active role in the Faith Life of the St. Isaac Jogues community and by living out their discipleship to Jesus Christ every day.
Guidelines for Peer Ministry:
All peer ministers at St. Isaac Jogues are expected to do the following:
- Complete a Peer Minister Application and obtain a parent signature
- Complete the Parish Volunteer Application (if you have not already)
- Participate in Worthy of the Call training for child and youth protection
- Participate as a member of a Peer Ministry Team and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other peers and adult leaders
- Perform all duties to the best of your ability and ask for assistance when needed
- Notify the Director of Youth Ministry if you will have to miss any meetings or activities prior to that meeting or activity taking place
- Conduct themselves in a manner worthy of their calling at all times. They should strive to uphold the faith and morals of the Catholic Church, and be a living a witness to Jesus Christ in their daily lives at home, school, work, etc.
- Attend Mass on Sunday as often as you can and consider participating in a liturgical ministry such as usher, lector, altar server, music ministry, or Eucharistic minister
- Remember who you are, one who was created in the image and likeness of a loving God